Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Night Shift Orderly | Burwood Hospital
Start Date – As soon as possible
Hours – Monday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday – 10:30pm – 6:30am
Salary – Hourly rate from $23.25 to $27.68
Status – Permanent
Location – Burwood Hospital
Kia hiwa rā!
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
Orderlies play an integral
part in the patient journey, ensuring the delivery of exceptional quality care
in our facilities. They are there to safely move patients and equipment around
Our team provides essential orderly services within Burwood Hospital seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
We are looking for
people that have great customer service skills and can relate to a range of
people. And flexible to help fill in to cover Annual and Sick Leave.
To be considered for this role you will need to be physically fit to be able to work on your feet for your entire shift as well as being able to move patients around the hospital with ease and professionalism, and still have a smile on your face at the end of the shift.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing a safe, quality support service to inpatient areas and departments.
- Ensuring the prompt delivery and accurate storage of hospital equipment.
- Ensuring that all tasks and duties are prioritised, and are carried out effectively, efficiently and without unnecessary delay.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
- An enthusiastic and people-focussed approach to your work.
- You will have excellent customer service skills and be able to work in an inclusive team environment.
- You will be physically fit and be able to be on your feet for an entire shift as the role involves a lot of walking around the hospital.
- You are happy to pitch in to ensure all tasks are completed.
Ngā hua – Benefits
- Clock up to 20,000 steps a day!
- Great Parking!
- A fantastic benefits scheme, including generous discounts on a range of businesses including gym memberships, restaurants and insurance.
- Ongoing training and career development
- Fantastic Working Environment - Fully resourced modern facility with a friendly, supportive team.
Mō mātou – About us
From July this year, Canterbury District Health Board transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand. Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha,
Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in
the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles
by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Position Ref: PC2168409
Applications Close: 07/10/2022
Kia mau te wehi!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.