Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Nurse Co-ordinator - B4 School Check
- Permanent Part-time role working 32 hrs per week, based in Greymouth
- Working along-side our Public Health Nurse team
- Current Registered Nurse with a passion for tamariki / child health
- Excellent relationship building skills, flexibility and time management skills
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga - About the role
- Lead and co-ordinate the B4 School Check programme for the whole of the West Coast
- Train and further upskill staff to so they can complete B4 School checks
- Engagement with the wider community including education and health providers to ensure participation in the programme.
This is an exciting position for a Registered Nurse who has a passion for child health and is wanting to work with tamariki in our communities. You will be working in collaboration with our Public Health Nursing team. You will organize clinics, complete any required referrals, case manage / follow up children referred to external providers and maintain data on the MOH B4SC database. As this role is covering the whole of the West Coast there will be some travel required (noting some clinics are generally day trips only)
Ko wai koe - About You
- Strong leadership, teaching and organisational skills
- Committed to addressing inequalities in health care
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a multi- disciplinary team
- Strong computer skills, ability to pick up new systems quickly and a keen eye for detail
- Post Graduate study in a relevant area of child health desirable
Mō mātou – About us
From July this year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngā hua – Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt – Recruitment Specialist – Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.