Nurse Educator – Perioperative Service
Are you a team player with a strong clinical background and passionate about nursing education and supporting nurses in their practice?
Nurse Educator – Perioperative Service with a focus on the Operating Theatre
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Roles
We’re looking for an experienced nurse to join our nursing team as our Nurse Educator with a focus on the Operating Theatre.
As a positive role model in clinical leadership you will work collaboratively with the senior nursing team across the theatre services to ensure high standards of nursing education are delivered.
It is envisaged your broad knowledge of operating theatre work, extensive recent experience, your enthusiasm and passion will drive the provision of on-the-button education to new and existing staff. Your clinical expertise will also enable you to provide valuable support and education to staff whilst you facilitate innovative, creative education within the service and will place you perfectly as a resource for the team.
Self-motivation, with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a wide range of people, is paramount in this role.
· Mon-Fri 8-4:30
Skills & Experience:
- You will be an experienced senior Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate – this is a senior nursing role
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- You will be an advanced nursing practitioner with excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to share and demonstrate specialist knowledge and skills
- You will hold, or currently be working towards, Level 8 post graduate qualification
- Ability to develop nursing standards with experience in teaching, mentoring and coaching
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
How to Apply
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Nicki McNeill, Recruitment Specialist – Nursing, Phone: (03) 3377956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to
Closing Date: Friday, 25 August 2017