Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Nurse Manager – Outpatients
Our Purpose: What We’re Here For
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We’re world leaders in the delivery of integrated health care, and we’re always striving to Make It Better. From the carers on the front line working directly with patients and communities, to our talented support teams who enable that care. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region and we’re all about putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
For us to continue putting our communities at the centre of our health system, we’re putting our own people at the centre of everything we do. Because health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility that all our people take for delivering outcomes, and that we go about our work with integrity in all we do.
What matters to us is doing the right thing, valuing everyone, and being and staying well ourselves so we can care for our community.
The Role: What This Opportunity’s All About
Nurse Manager - Outpatients
This is a career development opportunity to:
- Work in partnership with the senior leadership team to transform systems/services and develop a skilled and resourced workforce at the forefront of Outpatient Care.
- Lead and develop models of care and models of delivery.
Health services in Canterbury continue to transform and we have another exciting opportunity to reshape the way we operate. This initiative offers a senior registered nurse a unique opportunity to be involved in developing and expanding an exciting new model of care and service delivery within our Outpatients services. The role sees you working with us to lead and transform the way we work within our current services and is a key professional and strategic leadership role. Your expertise in leading service and/or professional change will guide you forward and break down clinical and knowledge silos to ensure that patients benefit from quality, coordinated and timely care.
We are seeking an experienced nursing leader who is innovative, outcome focused, and driven to achieve professional and operational excellence. You must be able to clearly articulate a vision that resonates with others, and have a deep commitment to working in collaboration across services and disciplines.
This is an integral role within our senior team & one that we feel will contribute to a more effective and efficient service development and delivery so if this sound like your next career step call us and find out more!
- 1.0FTE – Reporting to our Director of Nursing
Skills & Experience:
- Senior Registered Nurse with a current APC and demonstrated leadership ability, alongside the ability to build strong, collaborative partnerships.
- Proven expertise to inform and influence strategic direction.
- Experience and success in project management and leading innovation and organisational change.
- Motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skillsand able to engage people at all levels.
- Ability to share and demonstrate specialist knowledge and skills alongside a strategic vision for our Outpatients Services.
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Our people enjoy access to a fantastic benefits scheme, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you’ll seriously consider joining us, but if this isn’t a good fit for you, please share the opportunity with your personal networks and help us find our next rock star!
If this particular role isn’t for you we do have other similar opportunities, please look on our careers page or give us a call to discuss.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application
Job no: 235184
Closing Date: Monday, 17 December 2018