Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Nurse Manager – Professional Development Unit
· Nurse Manager - Professional Development Unit (PDU)
· Permanent- full-time
- Co-ordinate and lead practice development for nursing and orderly staff in line with CDHB strategic and operational goals on the Christchurch campus in collaboration with the wider CDHB and partner organisations.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people who live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Health services in Canterbury continue to transform and we have another exciting opportunity for you to help reshape the way we work. This role offers a senior registered nurse a unique opportunity to be involved in developing and expanding our workforce capabilities. It is a unique opportunity for someone with proven management expertise and a passion and broad experience in nursing education to operationally manage, lead and develop the staff of the Professional Development Unit (PDU) to facilitate the continuous improvement of core education and training for the orderly and nursing workforces of the CDHB.
- Work in partnership with your nursing colleagues to develop a skilled and resourced workforce at the forefront of patient care.
- Oversee and facilitate staff development and promote best practice in education and professional development
The Role: Where you fit in
We are seeking an experienced nursing leader who is innovative, outcome focused, and driven to achieve professional and operational service excellence. With an emphasis on equity of access and integration of learning practice you will be able to efficiently and effectively co-ordinate and lead practice development for nursing and orderly staff in line with CDHB strategic and operational goals.
Your skills will include:
- Broad experience in nursing education with a certificate in adult learning or equivalent.
- Nursing management experience.
- Online learning experience including use of authoring tools
- Nursing Simulation experience
- Knowledge of Kirkpatrick evaluation models
- Knowledge of Calderdale framework
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
For additional information about this role please contact us on email@example.com
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at http://www.cdhbcareers.co.nz/ to complete an application
Job no: PC042465
Closing Date: Sunday, 30 June 2019