Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Nurse Practitioner - West Coast
- Fixed-term, part time 0.9-0.95FTE Senior Advanced Nursing position based in Greymouth
- Recent experience working as a Nurse Practitioner. (A background in emergency, urgent and/or primary care would be an advantage)
- Role from March 2023 to April 2024 covering a secondment
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast is a leader in Rural Healthcare in Aotearoa.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner with recent clinical experience to join our Integrated Health Services team based at Greymouth Hospital to work across the West Coast district. We have five Nurse Practitioners and one intern on the Nurse Practitioner training programme. We also work alongside Nurse Practitioner’s employed by partner organisations here on the West Coast (e.g. Hauora Māori providers and Primary Care practices.)
Ko wai koe | About You
As an advanced, specialised practitioner and mentor you will thrive in an environment where collaboration and teamwork are highly valued. You will work with a diverse group of teams to provide advanced clinical care and nursing expertise to the patients and their families / whānau.
By utilizing your advanced knowledge and clinical skills in collaboration with nursing and medical staff, the multidisciplinary team and other external agencies you will contribute to the development and maintenance of high quality evidenced based care.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Registered as a Nurse Practitioner with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- Recent experience working as a Nurse Practitioner
- Background experience in emergency, urgent and/or primary care would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals
- Initiative, solution focused with excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently complete tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to engage people at all levels
- Ability to share and demonstrate specialist knowledge and skills
Mō mātou – About us
From July last year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngā hua – Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt – Recruitment Specialist – Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.