Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Occupational Therapist - Greymouth
- Occupational Therapist
- Full time Permanent role based in Greymouth (40hrs/week)
- Current NZ Annual Practicing Certificate essential
- Great opportunity for a recent graduate or someone who is looking for a change
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Allied Health team at Te Nīkau Hospital is looking for a NZ registered Occupational Therapist to join our team of enthusiastic and dedicated multidisciplinary professionals.
Our team provides a range of inpatient, outpatient and community-based health services for the community. This role is based on our General Ward looking after medicine, surgical & AT&R patients. There may also be opportunity to work within the community and travel to other locations throughout the West Coast.
This role would be ideal for a recent graduate or someone who is looking for a change of scope as you will see the functions of the wider health system with a rural generalist approach.
Within the wider AH team, we have a small team of Occupational Therapists who work together to provide a generalist service. This role will give you the opportunity to further your experience working across a wide range of specialties and advance your practical skills. These clinical opportunities will develop your assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and discharge planning skills. You will be supported by the Clinical Lead Occupational Therapy and be given clinical supervision, mentoring and professional support. We also offer an Allied Health new-graduate programme.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 40hrs per week.
The required days of the role are Monday to Friday 0800-1630.
What you’ll do with your time
- Assessment and treatment of Surgical, Medical and AT&R inpatients with appropriate goal setting and outcome measures
- Support transition from inpatients into community
- Work as an integral part of the inpatient inter-disciplinary team
- Support the community team as necessary
- Liaising with all appropriate health professionals and other agencies to ensure we achieve the best outcomes for our patients
- Providing education for the families/whānau and carers of our patients as necessary
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- The ability to be an effective team member, recognising the importance of team work
- The ability to work independently, yet seek support when needed
- Strong communication skills and cultural awareness
- You must be flexible with excellent time management
Mō mātou – About us
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngā hua – Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received, and this job vacancy could close prior to the closing date.
For more information about this role please contact Alex Gray – Alexandra.Gray@cdhb.health.nz
Kia mau te wehi!