Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Occupational Therapist – Te Whare Hohou Roko
- Permanent full-time (40hrs per week) opportunity
- Grow your career within mental health with this exciting opportunity in our Regional Forensic Psychiatric Service!
- New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Come and join our dynamic multidisciplinary team to help us make positive changes with consumers to achieve their potential and find creative solutions to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Te Whare Hohou Roko is a 9 bedded 24 hour extended rehabilitative service based within the Regional Forensic Psychiatric Service, CDHB Specialist Mental Health Services. We are seeking a Registered Occupational Therapist to join our team.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The required hours of work for this role are Monday to Friday 0800-1630hrs.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Completing assessments of consumers and formulating interventions to meet individual needs in collaboration with MDT.
- Assisting with the development of treatment plans and discharge planning, including community integration
- Facilitating individual and group activities in collaboration with MDT members.
- Overseeing the implementation of a therapeutic weekly programme.
Your skills will include:
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the consumer physical, psychological, social, cognitive and developmental level in relation to the presence of mental disorder;
- The ability to evaluate the impact of treatment outcomes with the consumer / caregiver or significant others and modify treatment according to changing needs;
- Exceptional communication, organisation, and time management skills.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Job no: PC0700831
Closing Date: Sunday, 26 January 2020