Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Occupational Therapist - West Inpatient Unit
- Permanent full-time position (1.0FTE/40 hours per week)
- Provide Occupational Therapy assessment and therapeutic interventions to service users
- Qualified Occupational Therapist, with New Zealand registration (essential)
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Te Awakura is a 24 hour service that provides for the acute psychiatric needs of the adult population in the Canterbury region. Our model of care focuses on single integrated multidisciplinary teams, incorporating inpatient and outpatient teams, providing excellent care to consumer in the least restrictive manner. The outpatient teams lead the clinical care delivered to consumers throughout all episodes of care provided. Te Awakura consists of four adult acute inpatient units, North South East and West.
We’re looking for a NZ Registered Occupational Therapist to join our West Inpatient Unit on a permanent, full time basis. West Inpatient Unit is a 16 bed unit that provides 24 hour care for consumers with acute mental illness. It is an open acute inpatient unit. The hours of work associated with this role are Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm. Some weekend work will be required.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working with patients to enable optimum safety and function during this phase of their recovery;
- Working with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and bring your enthusiasm and passion to achieve the best outcome for your patients.
Your skills will include:
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work;
- You will have excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills;
- As an effective communicator you will have a positive, engaging and solution focussed attitude to your work;
- NZ Registered Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate (essential);
- Mental health experience is preferred.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
For further information please
Becki Wright – Charge Nurse Manager on email@example.com
Pam Schofield – Clinical Occupational Therapy Specialist (03) 343 0836, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job no: PC0473176
Closing Date: 31 July 2019