Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Permanent part time opportunity (0.5FTE/20hr per week) for an NZ Registered Occupational Therapist
- Refine your therapy skills through the maintenance of a varied clinical case load within an acute setting
- Work closely with an experienced multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement holistic rehabilitation plans
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Occupational Therapy team at Christchurch Hospital is looking for a skilled NZ Registered Occupational Therapist to join us on a permanent part time basis! We’re a large team of over 40 Occupational Therapy professionals who also work closely with the wider multidisciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to patient care.
This role will see you carrying a varied clinical case load within an acute setting, providing Occupational Therapy assessment and therapeutic interventions to service users. This is a permanent position working 20hrs per week ideally across 5 days. Weekends may be considered this may be negotiated with the successful candidate).
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a busy and varied caseload by providing assessment, treatment and discharge planning for patients;
- Working with patients and their whanau to enable optimum safety and function during their acute stay;
- Working with individuals from diverse social and cultural backgrounds;
- Educating patients and their whanau in relation to their treatment plans to ensure the best outcomes;
- Working collaboratively within the multidisciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to patient care.
Your skills will include:
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work with a good knowledge of IT;
- Excellent communication and sound clinical reasoning skills;
- The ability to effectively communicate with patients/whanau, team members and external agencies to ensure best outcomes are achieved;
- You’ll have the ability to work collaboratively within an experienced multidisciplinary team, but also have the capability of working autonomously;
- Proven experience within an acute setting is highly desirable;
- You will be a qualified Occupational Therapist, with New Zealand registration and current Annual Practicing Certificate (or eligibility to obtain).
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Job no: PC0588173
Closing Date: Sunday, 15 December 2019