Ophthalmic Technician/Registered Nurse -– Eye Outpatients
Looking for a new challenge?
Ophthalmic Technician/Registered Nurse 0.5 FTE– Eye Outpatients
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Ophthalmic Technician/RN to join the Eye Department. If you are looking for a change or just wanting a new or different challenge then this could be a great opportunity. The Eye Clinic is a very busy and demanding service that is staffed by a dedicated team of Nurses, Orthoptists, Optometrists and Technicians who work closely with our highly skilled and specialised Ophthalmologists to meet the eye health needs of the people of Canterbury.
As a staff member of the eye clinic you will be responsible for undertaking ophthalmic Visual acuity testing and using the varied technical equipment within the department. Therefore, experience in Ophthalmology is desirable, however a comprehensive orientation will also be provided to the successful applicant. As the Ophthalmology department is conducting some clinics at Burwood Hospital there may be some movement required between sites.
Your excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work positively and flexibly in a team environment is essential within this role.
- The Eye Clinic hours are currently 7:30 am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday, so shifts will be within these hours to suit service requirements.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
How to Apply
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Nicki McNeill, Recruitment Specialist – Nursing, Phone: (03) 3377956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application
Closing Date: Tuesday, 2 January 2018