Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Ophthalmology Fellow - 2020
The Canterbury District Health Board systematically plan, fund and deliver care to almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. The Canterbury Health System is a world leader in the delivery of integrated health care. Our main focus is placing people (staff and patients alike) at the centre of everything we do.
We are seeking suitable candidates for our Ophthalmology Fellow post for 12 months from August 2020 to July 2021. We have employed Oculoplastic and VR fellows in the past, but an application for fellowship with any subspecialty interest that we cover would be considered.
We offer the following:
- The Eye Department has 13 consultants with VR, medical retina, glaucoma, paediatric, neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastics, anterior segment/corneal sub-specialty coverage
- The Canterbury District Health Board serves a population base of 567,870 and is a tertiary referral centre for the greater South Island for our VR services
- A research component is possible
- Regular cataract list provided
- You will be expected to supervise trainees and contribute to the acute eye service
To be considered for this role you will need to eligible for registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, our people enjoy access to, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you’ll seriously consider joining us, but if this role isn’t a good fit for you, please share this opportunity with people in your personal networks.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Tracey Sutherland – Recruitment Specialist.
Your application will be reviewed and progressed as soon as possible.
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: 236849
Closing Date: Thursday, 10 October 2019