Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Casual opportunity for an experienced Optometrist to join our Low Vision Clinic
- Work within our outpatient facility at Burwood Hospital providing specialist service
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate (or eligibility to obtain this) is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Low Vision Clinic based at the outpatient facility at Burwood Hospital provides a specialist service in assessment, treatment, management and monitoring of people with visual impairment. Services are aimed at minimising the effect of visual impairment by promoting independence, quality of life and maintaining people’s safety and mobility.
We’re looking for an experienced Optometrist to join our team on a casual basis, who will provide visual examinations and work with patients to prescribe appropriate aids and advice.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- The assessment, treatment, management and monitoring of people with visual impairment;
- Determining appropriate visual aids and providing advice to clients and their family/whanau;
- Developing and fostering relationships with external agencies associated with the field of low vision.
Your skills will include:
- The ability to build strong relationships with the immediate team of Optometrists, the MDT, as well as external agencies;
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a wider multidisciplinary team, including working closely with our Occupational Therapists;
- Current NZ Annual Practicing Certificate;
- Post-graduate experience is advantageous.
You will be committed to delivering quality services and committed to professional development that is aimed at delivering innovative, patient centre care to people with low vision.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
Job no: PC0415065
Closing Date: 12 July 2019