Part-time Ward Clerk – Birthing Suite
Our Purpose: What We’re Here For
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We’re world leaders in the delivery of integrated health care, and we’re always striving to Make It Better. From the carers on the front line working directly with patients and communities, to our talented support teams who enable that care. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region and we’re all about putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
For us to continue putting our communities at the centre of our health system, we’re putting our own people at the centre of everything we do. Because health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility that all our people take for delivering outcomes, and that we go about our work with integrity in all we do.
What matters to us is doing the right thing, valuing everyone, and being and staying well ourselves so we can care for our community.
The Role: What This Opportunity’s All About
The team at the Birthing Suite in Christchurch Women’s Hospital are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic part time ward clerk to join their friendly team on a permanent, part time basis. The role is 24 hours per week. As this department operates 24/7, there is a requirement that the successful candidate be available to work rotating rostered 8 hour shifts at varied times of the day and night. There may be additional hours available for the right person.
This is a customer and patient focused role and is an integral part of the smooth running of this busy, fast paced department.
- Greeting and welcoming patients, their families and any other visitors
- Arranging appointments
- General administration across the ward including filing of patient documentation
- Admitting, transferring and discharging patients using the patient management system (SI PICS)
- General clerical and reception duties
Skills & Experience
- Ideally you will come from a clerical/reception background
- You will need a warm and friendly approach; you will be the first person patients and their families see upon arrival
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to pick up programs and applications quickly
- Sound organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- A willingness to help those around you
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Our people enjoy access to a fantastic benefits scheme, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you’ll seriously consider joining us, but if this isn’t a good fit for you, please share the opportunity with your personal networks and help us find our next rock star!
If this particular role isn’t for you we do have other similar opportunities; please look on our careers page or give us a call to discuss.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Anna Canning, Recruitment Specialist on email@example.com
Job no: 234634
Closing Date: 28th September 2018