Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Personal Assistant - Emergency Department
· Flexibility to work Permanent full time or part time
· Seeking an energetic administrator
· Start early January 2020
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
As the PA to the Clinical Director in our busy Emergency Department you will provide a variety of administrative supports to the Clinical Director and the medical team. On a daily basis you will work closely with resident doctors to manage their rosters. You will also enjoy supporting teams with a variety of meetings and activities that enable our staff to work at the top of scope.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Personal Assistant to the Clinical Director of our busy department
- Major focus on rostering doctors
- Supporting the Clinical Director and senior medical team with a variety of administrative tasks
- Administering service meetings (including minute taking and managing attendances)
- Health experience is highly desirable
Your skills will include:
- Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent command of English.
- Be effective in managing own time to ensure tasks are completed correctly and on time.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Job no: PC0618104
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 November 2019