Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Part time (20hr per week) fixed term opportunity for approx. 12months covering parental leave
- Join our collaborative and supportive New Aseptics/Cytotoxics Area (NACA) team
- NZ Registration as a Pharmacist with Current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Hospital Pharmacy Service at our Christchurch Campus is looking for an NZ Registered Pharmacist to join our New Aseptics/Cytotoxics Area (NACA) on a part time, fixed term basis covering maternity leave. This is a collaborative and supportive team of approximately 10 members, comprising of our Supervisor, a static pharmacist, rotational pharmacists, technicians and pharmacy assistants.
Canterbury District Health Board prides itself on supporting and developing our Pharmacists. This position has plenty of challenging opportunities and innovation is encouraged by peers, senior staff and management. The department provides regular continuing education and numerous other training opportunities.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Clinical screening, dispensing, and checking of medicines including (but not limited to): chemotherapy, parenteral nutrition and home intravenous antibiotics;
- Supervising of intern pharmacists, technicians and assistants;
- Clinical pharmacy training of all staff rostered to NACA
Your skills will include:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and foster other team member’s education;
- The ability to supervise other staff members while working in NACA;
- Experience in sterile production is strongly desired, as is general hospital pharmacy experience;
- You must be a qualified and NZ registered pharmacist with current annual practicing certificate to be considered for this position.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: PC0542320
Closing Date: 23 September 2019