Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Casual and part time (0.5FTE) fixed term opportunity until approximately January 2020 for a trainee phlebotomist
- Work within a large team in a busy diagnostic facility
- Familiarity with laboratory processes would be an advantage
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole. Canterbury Health Laboratories (CHL) is a busy diagnostic facility providing services to in-patients and outpatients at Canterbury DHB Hospitals within Christchurch.
We have both a casual and a part time, fixed term opportunity (until approximately January 2020) for a Trainee Phlebotomist to join our busy team at CHL! For the casual position, we would consider both a Trainee or a Qualified Phlebotomist. Please clearly state in your cover letter which vacancy you are applying for.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing a high quality service to clients;
- Collecting blood samples from inpatients and outpatients within the service;
- Registering samples into the Delphic LIS, and carrying out processes required for the pre-analytical processing of samples;
- Interpretation and input of request forms;
- Checking of data for accuracy and information;
- Answering telephone enquiries in our Lab line call centre.
Your skills will include:
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- The ability to contribute to and improve personal and team performance;
- Data entry experience, competent level computer skills is preferable;
- Familiarity with laboratory processes would be an advantage.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Casual, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: PC0327903
Closing Date: Apply Now!