Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Physiotherapist Fixed-term – Burwood Hospital
- Part time (0.5FTE), fixed term role for approx. 4 months July 2019 – Nov 2019
- It is essential that you are a New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist with a current practicing certificate
- Carry out effective patient assessment, evaluation and treatments
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
As we head into the winter months the demand for health care services in Canterbury increases. To help meet the seasonal demands of increased bed numbers in our wards, we are seeking a New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist with previous experience in rehabilitation to join us at the Burwood Campus as part of our wider Older Person’s Health and Rehabilitation Service.
This is a part time role (0.5FTE)starting beginning of July and finishing at the end of October 2019. The days and hours required are 4 hours per day Monday to Friday and there is some flexibility with hours of work. Additional casual hours are also possible depending on demand.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing physiotherapy support to existing staff to meet the demands of increased patient loads in all areas of older person’s rehabilitation;
- Carrying out effective patient assessment, evaluation and treatments in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of practice;
- Formulating treatment interventions to meet individual needs in collaboration with the wider multi-disciplinary team;
- Effective communication with other members of the physiotherapy team and appropriate delegation to our therapy assistants.
Your skills will include:
- The ability to hit the ground running with the energy and passion to deliver a high standard of care to patients;
- The ability to develop a close working relationship with physiotherapy assistants and the wider physiotherapy team;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in any of our rehabilitation areas
- It is essential that you are a New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist with a current practicing certificate to be considered for this role;
- You will either be an existing ENABLE assessor or eligible for registration.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply for this position via our online application process. Please note, we only accept applications submitted online. If you’d like more information about this position, please contact email@example.com
Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: PC0425564
Closing Date: 10 July 2019