Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Physiotherapist – Neurology Outpatients
- Part time (0.4FTE) until approx. March 2020
- Providing comprehensive assessment, evaluations and treatments within our Older Person’s Health and Rehabilitation team
- Registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We’re looking for a NZ Registered Physiotherapist with a patient-centred focus to join our Older Persons Health and Rehabilitation (OPH&R) team at Burwood Hospital. We have an exciting fixed-term vacancy available within our small neurological outpatients team working 0.4FTE until approximately March 2020.
Days and hours of work for this position is to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out effective patient assessment, evaluation and treatments in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of practice;
- Formulating treatment interventions to meet individual needs in collaboration with the wider multi-disciplinary team;
- Effective communication with other members of the physiotherapy team and appropriate delegation to our therapy assistants.
Your skills will include:
- The ability to develop a close working relationship with physiotherapy assistants and the wider physiotherapy team;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in any of our rehabilitation areas;
- Proven experience in Neurology;
- It is essential that you are a New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist with a current practicing certificate to be considered for this role;
- You will either be an existing ENABLE assessor or eligible for registration.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply for this position via our online application process. Please note, we only accept applications submitted online. If you’d like more information about this position, please contact email@example.com
Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: 236734
Closing Date: 28 August 2019