Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Project Specialist - Programmes & Insights
Project Specialist - Programmes and Insights
· Fixed Term – 12 months
· Experience in analysing a wicked problem, designing a scalable solution and partnering with those within a big organisation to implement that solution
· Experience in designing frameworks, policies and processes that make a real impact in a large and complex organisation
- Strong stakeholder management skills – the ability to engage and manage expectations of interested parties across a wide range of varying personalities and seniority
- Prioritisation and project management skills – we are starting from square one and will need to deliver solutions in a timely way to a broad set of stakeholders.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Canterbury DHB is one of the biggest employers in New Zealand and we’re looking for someone exceptional to assist in leading the development of our key programmes of work.
Programmes and Insights support programme, operational and HR leaders to understand our workforce, how it’s changing, and what our people need, with the aim to put our people at the heart of all we do.
Given the breadth of our workforce, which includes nurses, orderlies, lawyers, doctors, engineering and maintenance, food service workers, accountants and many others, we also need to understand what drives different people from different backgrounds to come to work each day and be part of a health system that has people at the heart of everything they do.
The Role: Where you fit in
We are looking for an incredibly talented person to join our dedicated project team as a Project Specialist. We need someone to support the acceleration of our programme to support our people to be at and stay at work, with the skills to engage our people and our leaders from across our diverse organisation and work with them to develop and implement the framework required to ensure this.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the design, development, documentation and implementation of new work processes and services via an iterative and collaborative co-design methodology, working in an agile framework.
- Review and critically analyse existing work process and behaviours and document future work process requirements
- Constantly reviewing progress against agreed goals and targets and communicating any need for adjustment as required.
- Maintaining effective communications with all key stakeholders so there is maximum clarity and engagement with the plan and programme.
Your skills will include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills – the ability to prioritise and deliver high quality work within agreed timeframes
- Experience of requirements gathering and/or process or workflow analysis
- Framework, policy and process design
- Effectively engage, facilitate, negotiate and influence
- Adept at problem solving and process improvement
- Knowledge of People and Capability (HR) processes and understanding of organisational structures
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply for this position via our online application process. Please note, we only accept applications submitted online. If you’d like more information about this position, please contact Bruce Pendrey on firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: 236226
Closing Date: Closes 30/5/2019 - Apply Now!