Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Reception | Administrator
Reception | Administrator
- Permanent part-time (20 hours per week) 0.5 FTE hours (Thursday & Friday & 4hrs on Wednesday)
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people who live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
A specialised service for the management of people with Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) or concerns about their sexual health
The Role: Where you fit in
The Receptionist/Administrator is responsible for providing effective and efficient administration, reception and customer service to patients/visitors, staff and referrers to the Sexual Health Centre.
Your skills will include:
- Demonstrated experience in a role that required a high level of integrity and the application of confidentiality of information principles.
- Demonstrated experience in a role which required you to communicate effectively with the public both in person and on the telephone - in a courteous, helpful and compassionate manner.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office suite e.g Word, Excel and Outlook etc with the ability to develop and learn new skills as new software programs and systems are introduced.
- Demonstrated experience in a role which required meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to standards of excellence and service improvement.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Accurate grammar and punctuation.
- Sense of humour, can-do attitude, reliable – only need to ask once, good personality fit, persistent.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to assist other Sexual Health Centre team members as necessary.
- Ability to work smarter by being innovative and proactive.
- Accepts responsibility for actions.
- Working knowledge of Medtech 32 system
- Previous experience using a patient management system
- Demonstrated experience in a similar health or allied field reception area
- Previous experience with payroll applications (e.g. Microster)
- Previous experience with supply/ordering applications (e.g. Oracle)
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
For additional information about this role please contact us on email@example.com
Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: PC0468282
Closing Date: Closing 13th December 2019!