Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Midwife - Women's Outpatients
- 0.6 FTE permanent part-time position available.
- Registered with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand with a current APC.
- Should have the ability to work rostered shifts in a multi-disciplinary team.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Christchurch Women’s is the largest tertiary hospital in the South Island and this role requires you to work within our dynamic multidisciplinary team collaboratively and autonomously across a number of our Women's Outpatient clinics. We are looking for a midwife team member who has exceptional organisational, assessment and interpersonal skills. The role is varied and includes the triaging of referrals, to management of maternity clinics and day assessment unit.
The Role: Where you fit in
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team who will enable you to meet the challenges of this exciting and diverse work place where your midwifery skills and expertise will be utilised and valued. Confidence working across the scope of practice and a tertiary focus to experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- You will have the opportunity to maintain skills at a tertiary level by working in our Birthing Suite and Maternity ward.
- Recent clinical experience regarding: planning, implementation and evaluation of care for women and babies especially those needing complex care would be advantageous.
- You will have excellent time management with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team.
- Your positive attitude towards change and the evolution of the service in alignment with the Maternity Strategy will see you succeed in this role.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
For additional information about this role please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Job no: PC0645721
Closing Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2019