Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Flexible permanent roles at Grey Base Hospital between 0.5 FTE (20 hours) and 1 FTE (40 hours) per week
- Registered Midwife with a current NZ Practicing Certificate with good clinical skill base and experience preferably in a rural setting
- Free temporary accommodation when you start & a relocation allowance if you are moving to the region.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time:
- Provide mothers and their babies with antenatal, birthing, and postnatal care
- Support and promote breastfeeding within a BFHI-accredited maternity ward
- Provide quality maternity care and contribute positively to our team environment
As a midwife with our team, you’ll be working with a community that feels like family. You’ll be supported to upskill and develop professionally in your role with free training opportunities.
These are excellent
roles for midwives looking for a new challenge or a change of pace as you will
be able to provide an excellent level of maternity care and build relationships
with our woman and their families due to the nature of our service on the West
We have a strong relationship with our community-based LMC midwives and work together as a wider team to support our community and ensure continuity of care.
We’re looking for someone with the following traits:
- You’re able to think on your feet and prioritise the most important tasks
- You’re able to make informed decisions that focus on providing excellent maternity care
- You’ll have a passion to learn and grow in your practice
What we’re about:
We’re unique with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference
We’ll help you grow into a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We’re continuing to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around the patient in their community
This isn’t a job for just anyone: Joining us means sharing our goals and values, and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements, and a relocation scheme.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: WC235717
Closing Date: Sunday, 8 December 2019