Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Midwives & New Graduate Midwives
Registered Midwives & New Graduate Midwives
We are seeking both experienced Registered Midwives & New Graduates to join us and work collegially within our skilled and friendly multi-disciplinary teams as we work in partnership with our local Lead Maternity Carers to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health care for the mothers and babies of the Canterbury & West Coast regions.
- Experienced Midwives - Full time, Part-time and casual options available
- Rostered Shifts to suit service needs - including short shifts to cover at times of increased service need (i.e. 4 & 6hr shifts)
- New graduate midwifery programme - 0.8FTE
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury & West Coast District Health Boards, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury & West Coast region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
If you are a new graduate midwife looking to start out in your career or an experienced midwife looking for a positive change we have fantastic opportunities to become part of a highly skilled and professional midwifery & multi-disciplinary team. Whether you are based at Christchurch Women’s Hospital or one of our outstanding women centred Primary Birthing Units at Ashburton, Rangiora or Lincoln or based at the brand new Grey Base Hospital you will be able to work in partnership with women, their babies and families /whanau utilising your enthusiasm and passion for women’s health within a supportive and professional environment.
- We can offer you unique experiences within our Women’s Health services to enable you to learn and develop professionally across a range of speciality midwifery practice.
- The CDHB & WCDHB Maternity System has a dynamic, dedicated and specialised team of health professionals working within both our purpose built, modern, tertiary maternity facilities and our Rural Primary Units.
- Join us and you will be able to work across the full scope of midwifery practice in our Birthing Suite, high dependency unit and our maternity ward (antenatal and postnatal) or within one of our beautiful women centred rural primary units.
The Role: Where you fit in
Whether you are new in your midwifery career or have lots of experience then we would love to speak with you. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team.
Ask for a copy of our draft Midwifery strategy and see the potential we are moving towards with midwives at the forefront of much of this change.
- Recent clinical experience regarding: planning, implementation and evaluation of care for women and babies especially those needing complex care
- Strong commitment to the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding
- Good communicator, with the ability to make informed decisions that focus on providing quality maternity care for the women within our services
- Demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused
***If you are an experienced Midwife we have options to suit your lifestyle including full time, part time or casual contacts. Please state on your cover letter your areas of interest and preferred hours of work.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury & West Coast District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time, Casual, Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: PC0406869
Closing Date: Apply Now