Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Midwives – Te Nikau Maternity Greymouth, West Coast
- Full-time, part-time, permanent and fixed term positions available for experienced and new graduate Midwives
- Eligible for the Voluntary Bonding Scheme
- Registered with The Midwifery Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- Should have excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are seeking both experienced Registered Midwives and New Graduates to join us and work collegially and within partnership with our local Lead Maternity Carers to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health care for the mothers and babies of Te Tai o Poutini (West Coast) region.
- Provide mothers and their babies with antenatal, birthing, and postnatal care
- Support and promote breastfeeding within a BFHI-accredited maternity ward
- Provide quality maternity care and contribute positively to our team environment
As a midwife with our team, you’ll be working with a community that feels like family. You’ll be supported to upskill and develop professionally in your role with free training opportunities.
These are excellent roles for midwives looking for a new challenge or a change of pace as you will be able to provide an excellent level of maternity care and build relationships with our woman and their families due to the nature of our service on the West Coast.
We have a strong relationship with our community-based LMC midwives and work together as a wider team to support our community and ensure continuity of care.
Ko wai koe | About You
Whether you are new in your midwifery career or have lots of experience then we would love to speak with you. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and professional team.
- Recent clinical experience regarding: planning, implementation and evaluation of care for women and babies especially those needing complex care.
- Strong commitment to the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding.
- Good communicator, with the ability to make informed decisions that focus on providing quality maternity care for the women within our services.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Should have excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Registered with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand with a current APC.
Mō mātou – About us
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
At Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngā hua – Benefits
When you work for us you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Kerri McCarthy – Recruitment Specialist – Kerri.McCarthy2@cdhb.health.nz