Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurse - Acute Pain Management Service
- Acute Pain Management Service at Christchurch Hospital & Christchurch Women's Hospital
- Casual shifts – to suit service requirements at times of high demand (week days and weekends)
- Registered with the Nursing Council with current APC
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Registered Nurse to work as part of our small innovative team of health professionals to cover service needs.
Working as part of the acute pain management service based at the Christchurch Hospital, you will provide clinical support, education and recommendations to a wide range of services. Your excellent interpersonal skills will ensure you build successful relationships with a diverse range of health professionals, patients and their family/whanau.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This is a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse to diversify their nursing career. Key attributes that are required to fulfil this role:
- The ability to work effectively both autonomously and within a multidisciplinary team in a variety of situations with both individuals and groups. This is imperative in this service as we are responsible for providing support, education and recommendations to clinical staff across a wide variety of disciplines.
- A diplomatic, respectful approach, along with clinical expertise, to engage effectively with staff and patients.
- Flexibility to cover annual leave, sick leave, study leave, weekends and holiday periods when required.
- An interest in pain management and desire to increase your skill
Mō mātou – About us
From July last year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngā hua – Benefits
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt – Recruitment Specialist – Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz