Registered Nurse - Chatham Islands
We are seeking a nurse looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Role
- Registered Nurse – Chatham Islands, when does a role like this ever present itself?!
- Casual position and yes, when you thought it couldn’t get better – it did!
- Chatham Islands Health Centre, we provide health care to the community and also to the visiting tourists who flock to indulge in the outdoors, conservation protected areas, new and preserved cultural and heritage landmarks
- You will be part of a small, yet close-knit team of nine, living in and serving a small rural community
- You will have the opportunity to be trained in phlebotomy x-rays and working as the first responders to accidents and injuries and triaging accordingly
- Adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi
Skills & Experience
- NZ Registered Nurse with current APC
- Whakawhanaungatanga (ability to forge and foster relationships)
- Whakamanaakitanga (ability to treat others with respect, encouragement and support)
- Whakakotahitanga (ability to work in your role and actively participate and align this to our organisational values and goals)
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
If this role is something that sounds exciting to you, please apply now!
E koekoe te tūi, e ketekete te kākā, e kūkū te kereru!
It takes all people!
How to Apply
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Karli Te Aotonga, Recruitment Specialist – Nursing, Phone: (03) 3377923 or email email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at http://www.cdhbcareers.co.nz/ to complete an application.
Job no: 233396
Location: Chatham Islands
Closing Date: Tuesday, 27 March 2018