Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurse –Maternity Service
- Full and Part-time contracts available
- Rostered Shifts to suit service needs
- We are seeking Registered Nurses to join us and work collegially within our skilled and friendly multi-disciplinary teams as we work in partnership with our local Lead Maternity Carers to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health care for the mothers and babies of the Canterbury region.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The CDHB Maternity System has a dynamic, dedicated and specialised team of health professionals working within both our purpose built, modern, tertiary maternity facilities and our Rural Primary Units.
- Our nursing roles are based in the post-natal area of Christchurch Women’s Hospital
The Role: Where you fit it
We are looking for people with the following skills and attributes:
- Recent clinical experience in high dependency medical/surgical, women’s or paediatric settings
- Strong commitment to women’s and children’s health.
- A commitment to the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding
- Good communicator, with the ability to make informed decisions that focus on providing quality maternity care for the women within our services
- Demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused
***We have options to suit your lifestyle including full or part time contracts. Please state on your cover letter your preferred hours of work.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact:
Phone: 03 3377956
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: PC0406790R2
Closing Date: Thursday, 30 May 2019