Registered Nurse - Ward 14 Cardiology, Nephrology & Gen Med
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Role
Ward 14 based at Christchurch Hospital is a 30 bed ward that specialises in the care of Nephrology (including renal transplantation), Cardiology and general medicine patients.
- Registered Nurse position in Ward 14
- 0.6-0.8 FTE 48-64 hours per fortnight
- Open to negotiating less hours for the right person
Skills & Experience
We are looking for a Registered Nurse preferably with a background in nephrology, cardiology or general medicine. Your expertise in quality patient care will complement our multidisciplinary team. You will need to be flexible and adaptable, have a desire to learn, demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and work effectively as a member of our team
You will have a good sense of humour, the ability to develop rapport with patients and colleagues, and exceptional team work will go a long way in this environment and ensure you provide great patient care.
- You will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate
- Nephrology, cardiology or general medicine experience in an acute environment would be a bonus, but not a requirement
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
How to Apply
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Hayley Buick, Recruitment Specialist – Nursing, Phone: (03) 3377961 or email email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application.
Closing Date: Friday, 27 October 2017