Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurses - Acute Medical Assessment Unit - Christchurch Hospital
- Permanent full and part time opportunities available to join AMAU
- Recent Acute Medical experience is preferred
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
Kia hiwa rā!
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
Based in the Waipapa building, the Medical Assessment Unit (AMAU) is a 40 bed unit caring for a wide variety of acutely unwell patients. We are a well-established collaborative team and provide support to our new staff to thrive in this fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing quality care to a wide range of patients presenting to AMAU with acute medical conditions
- Liaising with family/whanau and members of the multidisciplinary team to coordinate patient care
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
Your skills will include:
- You will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate
- Recent acute medical experience is preferred but not essential
- Ability to work cohesively in a multidisciplinary team
- Sound assessment and decision-making skills
- Work calmly under pressure
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work on a rotating roster
Mō mātou – About us
From July last year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngā hua – Benefits
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt – Recruitment Specialist – Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.