Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurses - PACU / Recovery
- Full-time and part-time positions for experienced Registered Nurses - 0.8FTE and above
- At least 3 years’ experience, preferably in PACU or another acute clinical setting
- Great team culture where everyone is passionate to support one another
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) is looking for experienced nurses to join our team and gain the skills required to work in all areas of this exciting specialty. This will involve working in the PACU’s situated across the Perioperative Service in Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch Women’s, the new Waipapa site along with some off-site locations. We work as a DEU and our NE and CLN’s provide support to nurses that may be new to the specialty. We also have a clinical Nurse Specialist who provides ongoing support on the floor.
Ko wai koe | About You
This role will be both challenging and demanding so we are looking for someone who can collaborate and work in partnership with the senior nursing team to provide an optimum service delivery for our service users.
- It will be an advantage to have at least 3 years’ experience, preferably in PACU or another acute clinical setting.
- You should be regularly performing the NIC role in your current area and be actively involved in quality initiatives. Being on PDRP would be advantageous.
- You should be able to demonstrate an evolving nursing knowledge through your professional development activities and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Provide a solution focused approach to your work with the ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
Mō mātou – About us
From July last year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Tono ināianei– Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website atwww.cdhbcareers.co.nzcomplete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt – Recruitment Partner – Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.