Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurses – Permanent Pool Burwood Hospital
Do you enjoy variety in your work day?
- Permanent part-time (32hours per week)
- 2 x 0.8FTE positions available – one working across all shifts and the other working all night shifts.
- Working across all clinical areas at Burwood Hospital
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Burwood Hospital Nursing pool has an opportunity for a experienced Registered Nurses to join their team.
Pool Nursing offers you diversity in your work day and the opportunity to expand your nursing skills and work with a range of staff and patients across our services. We are a small, friendly facility situated near Burwood Forest.
Parking isn’t a problem and the new facilities provide excellent working conditions and a wide range of clinical environments to keep you interested; including the Older Persons Health, Spinal Injuries Unit, Brain Injury Unit, Surgical Orthopaedic Unit and Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Unit. If you have experience in PACU or theatre you may also have the opportunity to work in these areas.
The Role: Where you fit in
- Experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate
- Ability to work well under pressure within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility to work rotating, rostered shifts.
- Motivated and enthusiastic Registered Nurse, with at least one year’s post graduate medical and surgical experience.
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a variety of clinical areas.
- Confident practitioner with exceptional patient assessment skills
- Sound clinical skills and knowledge, confidence and ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are interested in the role covering all shifts or would prefer just to work night shifts.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Job no: PC0475251
Closing Date: Monday, 22 July 2019