Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurses - Te Whare Hohou Roko (Forensics)
- Two 0.94 FTE permanent full time Registered Nurse positions available with a 4 on 2 off roster pattern.
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and mental health scope of practice.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Te Whare Hohou Roko, based within the Regional Forensic Psychiatric Service is part of the Specialist Mental Health Services in CDHB. It is a 9 bedded 24 hour extended rehabilitative service that integrates security and the development of individual goals.
We are a team who supports one another, and we are a team who cares about the work we do. We are dedicated to developing good therapeutic relationships with the consumers in our care and their families/ whanau, and we do this in part by treating our patients with respect. We value these relationships as integral to the individualised care that supports people with a mental illness to live a meaningful life.
The Role: Where you fit in
We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our team, ideally with experience working in a Forensic Mental Health setting, although we would certainly consider those new to the service setting.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Enjoy working as part of a team.
- A clear understanding of Specialist Mental Health Service care with a commitment to quality patient care.
- Forensic or acute specialist mental health nursing experience preferred but not essential.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online, or contact us on email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: PC0646090
Closing Date: 17th of December, 2019