Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurses | Tuarangi, Ashburton - Fixed Term
- Part-time fixed term positions covering leave available for Registered Nurses - 0.4 & 0.8FTE
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team
You can be part of the manaaki hauora (Health Industry)!
Join our amazing Ashburton Team and provide quality care patients and their whānau.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Tuarangi Home is a 37 bed Residential Care facility that provides hospital level and dementia care at both rest home and hospital levels. We are a skilled and dedicated workforce, working within the dementia and hospital units to provide quality care in a friendly environment. We believe that dignity of all individuals is paramount, and at Tuarangi we diligently maintain an atmosphere of empathy, non-judgmental and respectful care.
You must be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC.
2x Fixed Term, Part-time roles as follows covering leave;
- 0.4FTE immediate start, until 14th July 2023
- 0.8 FTE immediate start, until 30th June 2023
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This role requires the following:
- You will be a confident practitioner with exceptional patient assessment skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a wide variety of people, is paramount in this role.
- You will work closely alongside our Nursing, Healthcare Assistants and Diversional Therapist team to support the needs of our residents.
- Older persons health and dementia care experience is preferred
- You will need to be available to work a range of shifts and weekends
- You will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate
Mō mātou | About us
From July last year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngā hua – Benefits
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt – Recruitment Specialist – Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may
only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is
therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against
Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required
to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health
and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be
vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract
Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also
to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19
as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.