Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
RN - Theater & Recovery
- Permanent full time role based in our theatre at Grey Base Hospital
- Qualified nurse with current Annual Practicing Certificate & NZ Nursing Council Registration
- Previous experience in Operating Theatres and Recovery is essential and a full NZ Driver’s license.
- Proven skills of working in a small team is required, the ability to be flexible and to be able to respond to emergency situations.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Working our theatres that cover a wide range of specialities such as Urology, Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Minor Plastics, Gynaecology, Obstetrics’, Paediatric General Surgery, Dental and Endoscopy.
- Assisting our patients in their recovery
- You will also be required to work in our Day Ward
This is an excellent role for a RN looking to extend their skills and grow further in their nursing career. Due to the nature of our work you will be trained and encouraged to develop your career within theatre and beyond. You will also be involved in the opening of our new theatres opening with our purpose built hospital. Our teams work Monday to Friday between 8am & 4.30pm as well as an afternoon shift once a month between 12.30pm & 9pm along with on call work out of working hours during the week, across weekends and public holidays.
We are looking for someone with the following traits.
- Excellent work ethic and passion for theatre nursing, endoscopy and recovery
- Flexibility to work across the shifts, on call and overtime within the theatre and recovery department.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a noticeable difference.
You will have the opportunity to grow in your profession in the rural health environment with opportunities for development of your nursing career.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Apply online, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: WC236568
Closing Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2019