Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Roving Northern Rural Nurse Specialist | West Coast
- Locations: Karamea, Ngakawau, and Reefton
- Registered Nurse with current APC, ideally with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an RN role
- Ideally PRIME trained, or prepared to achieve PRIME competency, as this is a prerequisite to deliver care safely in our rural communities
- Passion for community nursing, flexibility and a desire to up-skill and extend your practice
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This role is full of variety and no day will be the same, you will be available to assist with any nursing needs across the community such as
- District & Public Health Nursing
- Practice, Emergency & Acute nursing
- Community Mental health including both adult and youth.
This is an excellent role for any skilled nurse that is looking to grow in their skills and knowledge while making a real difference to a community. You will be working within a diverse community with a range of ethnicities and backgrounds. We are ideally looking for someone with a background in practice, district or acute nursing as you will be required to be working at the top of your scope across these areas as an RNS within the team.
Ko wai koe | About You
- Ability to work self-directed but be able to access networks for assistance when needed.
- Interest in working at the top your RN scope of practice & ability to work at this advanced level
- Passion for variety and the challenge that comes with this
Mō mātou – About us
From July this year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one. We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngā hua – Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt – Recruitment Specialist – Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz