Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Rural Hospital Medicine Registrar – Ashburton June 2020
Do you enjoy rural health innovation, research and training? At Ashburton Hospital, you will have the opportunity to work and live in a progressive town servicing the wider rural community. You will form strong ties to community and primary care providers and gain invaluable experience in rural medicine including Rural inpatients and the Acute Assessment Unit.
- Six-months, full-time Rural Hospital Medicine Registrar.
- Commencing in June 2020.
- Located at Ashburton Hospital, a 1 hour drive from Christchurch city.
What’s in it for Me?
- Adopt a medical skillset capable of helping rural communities.
- Work in a supportive team with Rural Hospital Medicine specialists (SMOs).
- With all after-hours duties being based in the Acute Assessment Unit, you will have variety and be involved in practical procedures.
- Opportunities for Research.
- Accredited level 3 Rural Hospital for vocational training programme.
- Access to the Rural Hospital Education Centre and training with state of the art simulation mannequins.
- Free accommodation is available on site.
Skills & Experience
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2) by June 2020.
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
About the Ashburton District
- Mid Canterbury is a district with scenery so magnificent it will take your breath away, one of the country’s richest agricultural and pastoral regions that rises deep into the Southern Alps.
- Whether your interests are; fishing, skiing, walking, mountain biking, jet boating, rafting, scenic flights, playing golf, exploring New Zealand’s high country stations, or wining and dining, Mid Canterbury has it all.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- Contact details for three referees.
For further information, email RMOrecruitment@cdhb.health.nz
Permanent/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: 236846
Closing Date: Thursday, 10 October 2019