Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Service Desk Technician
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Te Whatu Ora Health NZ Waitaha Canterbury Information Services Group is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Senior Service Desk Support Technician. This is a senior role within the Service Desk Team which acts as the first point of contact for technology related incidents and requests across Te Whatu Ora Health NZ Waitaha Canterbury.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Service Desk Technician to join our Information Services Group (ISG) team.
As a Senior Service Desk Technician, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the delivery of service excellence across all ICT solutions.
This position is for a fixed term (01/05/2024) working full time hours.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing technical and customer support skills to promote good working practices within the team.
- Providing operational support to team members for administration, management, and problem resolution.
- Coaching and mentoring team members on a scheduled basis and identifying training requirements.
- Participating in project work to ensure Knowledge Articles and training for the Service Desk Team support new applications/systems.
- Engaging with the wider organization to promote iSupport portal/self-service usage.
- Acting as an escalation point between other ISG Teams and the Service Desk.
- Acting as an advisor to colleagues and customers.
- Responding to escalated customer inquiries and managing customer request queues for a timely response.
- Reviewing service quality and assisting the Team Leader with metrics reports.
- Developing and maintaining administration procedures, knowledge articles, and documentation.
- Managing advanced Account Management processes.
- Ensuring team members are available to take calls on a timely basis.
- Triaging aged tickets and prioritizing for action.
- Performing delegated actions for the Service Desk Team Leader during their absence.
- Carrying out the role of Incident Manager within ISG as and when required.
- Answering phone calls and working on tickets.
- Working closely with the Service Desk Team Leader on metrics and reporting stats for continual improvements.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- At least 6 years of experience in the IT industry.
- Strong experience in desktop operation support.
- Significant technical and customer service experience in a professional industry, in an end-user computing environment, utilizing effective phone and email communication skills.
- Experience in day-to-day task management and coordination of activities.
- Diploma in Business, Science, Information Services, Engineering, or related field (preferable).
If you are a dedicated and experienced Senior Service Desk Technician looking for a challenging opportunity, please apply now.
Mō mātou | About Us
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora Health NZ Waitaha Canterbury, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Values):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whata Ora [Health NZ]
When you work at Te Whata Ora [Health NZ] you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At the DHB, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here. Contact us Kerri McCarthy on Kerri.McCarthy2@cdhb.health.nz for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whata Ora [Health NZ], there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Te Whata Ora [Health NZ]
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!