Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Service Manager | Micro/Virology/Serology Department
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury is seeking a dedicated and experienced individual to join our team as a Service Manager for our Micro/Virology/Serology Department.
As part of our organization, you will be contributing to our purpose of putting people at the heart of everything we do. With almost 600,000 people residing in the Canterbury region, your role will be instrumental in planning, funding, and delivering health services to our community.
As a member of the CHL Leadership Team, you will have shared accountability for various key responsibilities:
- Engaging with the Leadership team, the people of Waitaha-Canterbury and Te Tai o Poutini-West Coast districts, and the wider Te Whatu Ora-Health New Zealand systems to build trust, common understanding, and shared ownership.
- Growing the understanding and engagement of the CHL team with the vision and goals of the Waitaha and Te Tai o Poutini Health systems.
- Ensuring clarity of purpose by developing clear direction, plans, alignment, and priorities, and ensuring all teams and roles understand their accountability and responsibility.
- Building the capability of the Micro/Virology/Serology Department function to make it happen effectively and efficiently.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
To succeed in this role, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous work experience in a medical laboratory.
- Understanding of the wider health sector.
- Experience in working in collaborative models for healthcare provision.
- Staff management and leadership skills.
- Strong planning and analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies.
- Proficiency in preparing operational and business plans.
- Competence in budgeting and reporting.
- Experience in change management and leading projects within complex systems will be advantageous.
Working closely with the General Manager, Chief of Pathology, Clinical Directors, and Senior Leadership Team, you will need an appropriate tertiary qualification along with demonstrated business and staff leadership/management skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside amazing people and contribute to the betterment of healthcare services for the people of Canterbury.
This position is full-time and permanent, providing stability and an opportunity for long-term growth within our organization.
If you are motivated by our purpose and believe you have the skills and experience necessary to excel in this role, we invite you to submit your application today.
Mō mātou | About Us
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Values):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here. Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury
The Future of the Health Industry
It will be a condition of employment for this role that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Dose. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19 or pass Covid-19 to other staff. This can place an increased burden on our healthcare system. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!