Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Three fixed term opportunities, part time or full time
- Provide assessment, monitoring and support of clients within the service
- Current Annual Practicing Certification is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Social Work Services at Christchurch Hospital are inviting applications for a Registered Social Worker to work across the Christchurch campus. We provide social work services as part of a multi-disciplinary team at Christchurch Campus.
We have three fixed term rotational positions available within our Women’s and Child Health Team of Social Workers at Christchurch Hospital:
- 0.5FTE fixed term parental leave cover for approximately 12mo – starting in October
- 0.6FTE fixed term parental leave cover for approximately 12mo - starting in August
- 1.0FTE fixed term parental leave cover for approximately 12mo - starting in October
The team have a 7 day a week cover, so you may be asked to help cover the weekend roster and After Hours on call.
As there are multiple opportunities available, please clearly state in your cover letter which vacancy you are applying for, or, if you would like to be considered for all.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assessment, monitoring and support of clients within the service in accordance with ANZASW Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice;
- Attend and participate in social work team and staff meetings;
- Participate in service development and quality assurance initiatives / processes.
Your skills will include:
- A passion for working with women, children and their families/whanau;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to people from all walks of life;
- Experience within a health setting is advantageous, as is experience with Care and Protection and Family Harm.
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate issued under the Social Workers’ Registration Act (2003),
This role will require you to work across a range of different teams and disciplines so being a team player who can quickly adapt will be essential to your success.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply for this position via our online application process. Please note, we only accept applications submitted online. If you’d like more information about this position, please contact email@example.com
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Job no: PC0459622
Closing Date: 29 July 2019