Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Specialist Cardiac Physiologist
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week), plus on call
- Registration with the Cardiac Physiology Registration Board is compulsory and an annual practicing certificate with need to be maintained
- Postgraduate experience in the field of EP and/or Pacing and ICD follow-up and implantation
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The specialist physiologist will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a tertiary hospital which is the electrophysiology and ICD centre for the South Island of New Zealand
This is a permanent, full time role (40 hours per week) for an experienced Physiologist specialising in the cardiac devices and/or electrophysiology
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Performing complex clinical procedures, specialising in EP and/or pacing & ICD follow-up;
- Providing specialised training of qualified staff in advanced techniques, developing departmental skills and standards;
- Maintaining and developing skill levels by attending training programmes;
- Contributing to development of clinical policies, protocols & guidelines locally & regionally.
Your skills/experience will include:
- The ability to teach, lead and mentor developing staff and team members;
- Registration with the Cardiac Physiology Registration Board is required and an annual practicing certificate will need to be maintained
- 6 years’+ post graduate experience in the field of EP and/or Pacing and ICD follow-up and implantation is preferable;
- Specialist Qualification – CEPIA, IBHRE Pacing/ICD, IBHRE EP, Masters of Cardiac Technology in Speciality area – or equivalent is preferable.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply for this position via our online application process. Please note, we only accept applications submitted online. If you’d like more information about this position, please contact email@example.com
Job no: PC0296955
Closing Date: 13 May 2019