Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Speech Language Therapist – Adult services
- Casual opportunity working within Christchurch Hospital
- Registered member of New Zealand Speech-language Therapists Association (NZSTA)
- Join an experienced team of Speech Language Therapists and develop your skills among a large multi-disciplinary team!
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We are a dedicated Speech Language Therapy team working to provide high quality evidence-based clinical care and innovative practice. The Speech Language Therapy service offers supportive team environments with experienced colleagues and a wide range of opportunities for continuing professional development.
We are seeking a Speech Language Therapist who is enthusiastic and passionate about working with an adult population based in the acute hospital setting.
As this is a casual opportunity there are no set days/hours associated with this role. These will be flexible to meet service needs.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing assessment procedures according to Speech Language Therapy protocols and professional standards;
- Establishing and implementing treatment plans and interventions in consultation with the multi-disciplinary team, the client and their family/whanau;
- Educating clients, their family/whanau, and the wider multi-disciplinary team on relevant information to facilitate wellbeing;
- Working with colleagues to implement quality improvement and patient safety initiatives to meet the strategic goals of the organisation.
Your skills will include:
- Experience working with an adult caseload in an acute hospital setting;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively as a supportive and reliable team member to ensure the best health outcomes for people and their family/whanau;
- The ability to independently manage a caseload and possess advanced skills in time management, prioritisation, flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to meet changes in clinical demands;
- The ability to demonstrate cultural responsiveness and be committed to the provision of quality care for patients;
- Experience in videofluoroscopy (preferable);
- Eligibility for registration with the New Zealand Speech-language Therapists Association (NZSTA).
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Job no: PC0397802a
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019