Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader Community & Public Health
· Full time permanent role based in our Greymouth Office.
· Ideally you will have experience in leading teams in the Community & Public Health space.
· Passion for Public Health, Excellent communication & relationship building skills.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our team are responsible for providing community & public health services across Canterbury and the West Coast. This role specifically is based in our Greymouth Office and working with our West Coast DHB team to enable well being and equity of outcomes for everyone on the West Coast. This role will be responsible for staff across the West Coast.
The Role: Where you fit it
Your days will be filled with:
- Leading our team of Health Promoters & Heath protection Officers and supporting them in their day to day activities.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with external organisation’s
- You will be supported by our leadership who will provide guidance and oversight for staff and projects.
We are looking for someone with the following traits.
- Ability to manage diverse tasks & deliver in tight timeframes
- High attention to detail and outstanding interpersonal skills
- A knowledge and understanding of the West Coast community would be an advantage.
Our Culture:What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Simon Liddy
Job no: WC8234749
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 November 2019