Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader - Information Service Group
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Canterbury District Health Board Information Services Group is continuing to transform and build capability across our services. Our kapa (team) provides a wide and complex set of ICT solutions, supporting our Business and Clinical kapa (teams) based in Canterbury and the West Coast as well as for other District Health Boards nationwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, rangatira tangata (people-centric Team Leader) to provide a service across all Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions while maintaining and delivering the ISG work plan. This Team Leader role will entail being a valued partner of the business to support us in achieving our goals.
The team is responsible for supporting some of the Hospital business and clinical critical applications. We undertake both projects and business as usual tasks, as well as solving scenarios. The team consists of 8 kaimahi (staff). This is a permanent, full-time role based on Walker Street in central Christchurch.
This role will be responsible for:
- Mentoring, leading and guiding the kapa (team)
- Being part of the technical leadership kapa (team), where you will lead technical changes and raise any challenges
- Ensuring a high-quality and effective service, where you exceed and anticipate customer expectations
- Managing resources for effective work prioritisation
- Implementing service improvement plans where required
- Developing and maintaining administration procedures, knowledge articles and documentation
- Guide, direct, lead and motivate your kapa (team)
- Maintaining individual and team professional development and training plans
- Ensure your team assist customers with optimising the use of application software to improve users’ productivity, clinical productivity and patient convenience
- Managing the request queues
- Monitor financial expenditure against budgets and escalate exceeding issues
Ko wai koe | About You
We are looking for a rangatira tangata (people-centric Team Leader) who is innovative, is customer centric and process orientated. To be successful in this role, you should be able to lead a kapa (team) to provide a high level of tautoko (support) and service. This role will require you to be adaptable, resilient and solution-driven. For this role, you do not need to have a technical background in Technology, but we do require someone with leadership skills and experience.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This role requires the following:
- Experience in leadership or management role, including mentoring and supporting a team
- Experience in the IT industry would be beneficial
- Experience working in a large organisation, as well as a project environment, would be beneficial
- A Post-graduate University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is preferable
- Knowledge and uphold the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Communication and interpersonal skills
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Values):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At the DHB, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!