Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Permanent Part time Trades Assistant working 20hrs per week with our team based in Kaikoura.
- Experienced within a building service or building maintenance environment.
- This role is diverse across the trades so a generalist background is required to be successful in this role.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The role of a trade’s assistance varies from day to day and is varied depending the requirements Kaikoura Health Te Ha O Te Ora but ultimately you will be the go to person for repair & maintenance for buildings, building services / plant & equipment and building management systems. This role will vary from day to day so an ability to think on your feet and be flexible is key. Your day to day may involve tasks such as
- Carry out non-technical maintenance and repairs of systems across Kaikoura Health Te Ha O Te Ora.
- Assist with plumbing & minor carpentry work as well as any other handyman work may be required.
- Ensuring all statutory & regulatory requirements are being met across the facility
The Role: Where you fit it
You will have the following skills to be successful in this role:
- Strong Customer Focus & willingness to learn and increase professional knowledge
- Ability to present positive image of trades staff.
- Good physical fitness & be self-motivated and versatile
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Simon Liddy
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: PC0391758
Closing Date: Tuesday, 4 June 2019