Ward 27 - Registered Nurses
Working for the Canterbury District Health Board – working for the Community. At its core, our vision is dependent on achieving a truly collaborative, ‘whole of system’ approach where everyone in the health system works together to do the right thing for the patient and the right thing for the system and our community as a whole.
About the Role:
Registered Nurse – Full time - Part time options available
Ward 27 at Christchurch Hospital cares for a wide variety of general medical conditions including eating disorders.
This medical ward houses 30 beds and offers an endless variety of medical conditions with a constant in and out flow of patients. If you love a challenge, variety and a great team nursing environment, if you are seeking to extend your skills and experience and you consider yourself an experienced nurse with broad medical nursing exposure then this will appeal to you!
You’ll have a strong and broad nursing background, preferably in ward settings, a desire to learn and an understanding of the social needs and backgrounds of patients and their families/Whanau.
A good sense of humour, the ability to develop rapport with patients and colleagues, and exceptional team work will go a long way in this environment and ensure you assist our patients to achieve the best health outcomes.
- Full time & Part-time options available - Rostered shifts to suit service needs ( 8 hour shifts)
Skills & Experience:
- You will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate
- Proven experience with a range of general medical conditions with recent acute experience being preferable
- The ability to think on your feet and act quickly and appropriately
- The desire to be a part of a great hardworking team that support each other
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
How to Apply
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Nicki McNeill, Recruitment Specialist – Nursing, Phone: (03) 3377956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: 233870R1
Closing Date: Monday, 28 May 2018