Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Ward Clerk - Ward 17
- Permanent part-time position (20 hours per week, Monday - Friday 4pm - 8pm, Sat 8am - 12pm)
- Ideally a background in a similar environment of reception or customer focused administration
- Strong customer service and administration skills
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
Ward 17 is a busy 30 bed surgical ward whose team is made up of RN, HA, WC, medical staff and MDT. We all work together to meet our service goal of promoting best practice and outcomes for the users of our service. The ward clerk role is key in maintaining effective communication to support this service goal.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:The ward clerk is the ‘communication hub’ of the unit and undertakes the following as well as jobs as delegated by the CNM or NIC.
- Meet and greet of patients and family and showing around the ward and to the bedside
- Confidentiality – check with patients and family how they would like their name displayed or not
- Management of phone calls into ward/unit
- Contact person for the ward/ unit re communication between departments and the MDT
- Administration work such as supply ordering, equipment ordering, maintenance requisitions, cleaning orders and entering data such as the ward roster.
Your skills will include:
- Very high levels of confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and have high levels of initiative
- A willingness to help those around you
- You will have a warm friendly approach
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Job no: PC0787474
Closing Date: Monday, 6 April 2020