Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
West Coast Public Health Nurse- Casual
- Casual positions
- Registered Nurse with a current APC & full drivers licence
- Skilled Registered Nurse who is forward thinking and has a passion for continuous improvement
- A Well Child Certificate is highly desirable but not essential
- Authorised Vaccinator
Mōtetūnga| About the role
- Working with the wider Public Health team to ensure standards & requirements are met
- Teaching and educating both patients and community on public health matters
- Building and developing key relationships with community stakeholders such as schools and community organisations
This independent role is ideal for a skilled RN who is wanting to make a real difference to the community they work within. You will be driving for continuous improvement and the development of new & improved processes to ensure that patients are always at the centre and are getting the best care possible. Of course, you will supported by both Public Health and Southern region management throughout this process. There will also be occasional travel to other districts within the West Coast to support colleagues.
Ko waikoe | About You
- Able to be very autonomous and self-directed
- Good knowledge of the population groups and the population of the West Coast
- Sound knowledge and understanding of child and family health as well as vulnerable children
- Have a passion for working with children and adolescents
Mōmātou– About us
From July last year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people – become part of our team.
Ngāhua – Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tonoināianei – Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Kerri McCarthy – Recruitment Specialist – Kerri.McCarthy2@cdhb.health.nz